Of all the salads in the world, this BLT Chopped Salad is my very favorite.
I shared this back in 2015 after I fell in love with a variety of this salad from the Cheesecake Factory. Just when you thought people went there for the cheesecake, I give a shout out about a salad. But for the record, their cheesecake is also delicious. :)
What I love about this salad is that every single bite is packed with flavor. Between the savory-ness and salty-ness offered by the bacon and feta cheese, the sweetness provided by the tomatoes and corn, the tartness of the lime juice – this salad packs an incredible flavor punch!
It is also filling, which makes it a great Simple Summer Supper. Some salads leave my family hungry and asking for more food. Not this one!
BLT Chopped Salad
- 6 cups chopped mixed greens, lettuce, or spinach (any combination you like)
- 2 chopped tomatoes
- ½ pound bacon, cut into bites, cooked, and drained
- 1-2 cups sweet corn, cooked and cooled
- 1-2 chopped avocado
- 4 ounces feta cheese crumbles
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- Juice of one lime (about 2 Tablespoons)
- salt and pepper to taste (I put in a few shakes of each)
- Toss salad ingredients into a large bowl.
- In a small jar, shake together dressing ingredients.
- Pour over salad and toss.
- Serve right away!
Have you seen our other Simple Summer Suppers? Here’s a running list:
- Simple BLT Wraps
- Simple Bacon Broccoli Salad
- Simple Sloppy Joes
- Simple Sloppy Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
- Simple Taco Salad
- Simple Grilled Tortilla Pizza
- 16 Simple Summer Dips
- Simple Tuna Salad Wraps
- The Perfect Grilled Chicken
- Farmer’s Market Finds
Don’t miss any of our new ideas we’ve got coming! Subscribe for free so all the latest can come directly to your inbox!
Have you become a Simple Meals member yet? You will LOVE how simple all the recipes are, and better yet, you’ll love that we do all the planning for you!