These Simple Lemon Garlic Chicken Legs will make everyone think you are a gourmet chef. Which, of course, you are. No one has to know your secret. The secret about how you spent five minutes making the chicken. Let’s just keep that between us.
No one has to know how little you spent on this meal either. We can let everyone think you went all out with time and money.
Want to know how much it cost me to serve this entire meal to my family? There were five of us home the last time I made this. My husband and me, our 17-year old son, our 15-year old son, and our 13-year old son. We ate a full pan of these chicken legs with mixed greens, grapes, and green beans. Total cost for all of us to eat?
Total. For the entire meal. For five of us to eat a plate full of nourishment.
Indeed. I’m so glad I did the math!
I always watch for chicken legs to be marked down at the store, which is a huge money saver! This time I used two packages which had been marked down to a tiny $1.27 and $1.34! So total for my meat this meal was just $2.61. Incredible! Add in the greens, veggies, and grapes and I’m estimating that our total for this meal was just $5.61.
Now, not to geek out too much, but this breaks down to just $1.12 per person for this meal. Man, I am loving this Simple Meals on a Simple Budget series! It is challenging me to see what meals pack the most punch to stretch our grocery budget!
Oh! And I saved the chicken bones after we cleaned up all the meat and threw them into my Instant Pot for a small batch of chicken broth. Waste not, want not, right? :) Remember that little tip because the next Simple Budget recipe I plan to share will use that broth!
Simple Lemon Garlic Chicken Legs
- 10-12 chicken legs
- 1 large-sized lemon
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Lay chicken leg in a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- In a medium-sized bowl, juice and zest the lemon.
- Add remaining ingredients to the lemon juice/zest and stir.
- Pour the mixture over the chicken.
- (Do this ahead of time and refrigerate for 2-24 hours to marinate if you wish.)
- Bake, uncovered, in a 425 degree oven for 35-45 minutes or until juices run clear.
Want even more Simple Recipes?
- Simple Baked Salmon and Asparagus
- Simple Crock Pot Chicken Soup with a Kick
- Simple Skillet Taco Pasta
- Last-Minute Lentil Chili
- Simple Sweet and Sour Baked Chicken Legs
- 20-Minute Taco Soup
- Simple Cheesy Baked Chicken
- Simple Creamy Chicken Stew in the Crock Pot
- Simple Italian Beef and Broccoli Skillet
- Simple Bacon Ranch Chicken
- Simple Hawaiian Crock Pot Chicken
- Simple Taco Rice Dinner
- Simple Last Minute Nacho Plate
- Simple Chicken Cheeseballs with a Kick
- Simple Beanie Weanies
- Simple Crock Pot BBQ Spareribs
- Simple Pizza Chicken Bake
- Simple Italian Chicken and Green Bean Bake
- Last Minute Creamy Bacon Spaghetti
- Simple Hamburger Soup
- Simple Parmesan Broiled Fish
- Simple Overnight Saucy Crock Pot Chicken
- Simple 15-Minute Meal
- Simple Overnight Melt-in-Your-Mouth Beef Roast
- Simple 3-Cheese Crock Pot Pasta
- Simple Oven Fried Chicken
- Simple Honey Mustard Chicken Legs
- The Easiest Mashed Potatoes in the World
- Simple Garlic Butter Shrimp
- Simple Crunchy Ranch Chicken Strips
- Simple Crock Pot Shredded Ranch Chicken (for salad or tacos)
- Simple Crock Pot Pizza Casserole
- Simple Barbecue Beef Roast
- Simple Spanish Rice Bowls
- Simple Roasted Rotiserie Chicken
- Simple Green Chile Chicken
- Simple Tex-Mex Creamy Chicken
- Simple Waffle Omelets
- Simple Crock Pot Taco Pasta
- Simple Grilled Chicken
- Simple Hawaiian Beef Roast
- Simple Crock Pot Creamy Stew Meat
- Simple Cheese Stuffed Burgers
- Simple Hashbrown Casserole (For Instant Pot, Crock Pot or Oven!)
- Simple Lasagna Casserole (For Instant Pot or Crock Pot)
- Simple Chili Mac
- Simple Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole
- From Burrito Bar to Casserole (a 5-Minute Meal!)
- Simple Bacon Cheeseburger Roll
- Simple Garlic Parmesan Chicken Legs
- Super Simple Lasagna
- The Simplest White Chicken Chili
- Simple Lentil Nachos
- Simple Tuna Patties
- Simple Banana Pancakes
- Simple Crock Pot Applesauce BBQ Chicken
- Simple Hashbrown and Egg Nests
- Simple Cornbread Waffles with Chili
- Simple Veggie Fritters
Enjoy all these recipes without effort when you become a Simple Meals member! Every week we’ll send you a great menu plan full of Simple Recipes like this one. We’ll equip you with a grocery list. We’ll break everything down so that your meal prep is as simple as possible. We’ll give you bonus tips and recipes and freebies. And this is all for just $1 each week. You’ll love it!