Here’s the thing about making BBQ Spareribs:
You can go to a lot of trouble and take several steps to make them taste incredible. Or, you can spend five minutes to throw them into your crock pot, pour on your favorite BBQ Sauce, and then watch them fall off the bone in amazingness at the end of the day.
You know me. I will always choose the five-minute method.
The only trouble I run into with making ribs at my house is that only so many will fit into my crock pot, so it doesn’t turn out to be an all-you-can-eat rib fest for my men. Other than that, making ribs has become one of my favorite fall back meals.
Who knew making a meal of BBQ ribs would be easier than making a box of mac and cheese? Who knew?
Just last week, I put some ribs into my crock pot before heading out of town for the day. This took no effort except for the tiny amount of finagling it took to manhandle a big rack of ribs down into my oval crock pot. Never fear. Laura: 1. Ribs:0. Mom for the win. It probably helped that I had just had my morning coffee, which pretty much ensures I can conquer the world.
I arrived back home later that night to delicious meat falling off the bone. I steamed some veggies, got out the mixed greens for salad, and dinner was served.
Feeling a little bit busy these days with so many holiday preparations and activities? Let your crock pot make you some BBQ Ribs. At the end of a busy day, you’ll shock yourself with how awesome you are that you actually managed to make such a delicious meal when, in fact, you spent the day addressing Christmas cards and trying to locate the missing gifts you put in a safe place for no one to find. (Sounds like you found a pretty good hiding spot.)
Simple Crock Pot BBQ Spareribs
- 3-4 pound package of beef or pork spareribs
- 1-2 cups of your favorite BBQ Sauce*
- Place spareribs in your crockpot. I typically have to fold them over to get them to fit.
- Spread BBQ Sauce over the meat.
- Cook on low for 7-8 hours or until meat is falling off the bone.
*Here’s our favorite BBQ Sauce recipe!
Other Simple Recipes I’ve Shared Recently:
- Simple Baked Salmon and Asparagus
- Simple Crock Pot Chicken Soup with a Kick
- Simple Skillet Taco Pasta
- Simple Sweet and Sour Baked Chicken Legs
- 20-Minute Taco Soup
- Simple Cheesy Baked Chicken
- Simple Creamy Chicken Stew in the Crock Pot
- Simple Italian Beef and Broccoli Skillet
- Simple Bacon Ranch Chicken
- Simple Hawaiian Crock Pot Chicken
- Simple Taco Rice Dinner
- Simple Last Minute Nacho Plate
- Simple Chicken Cheeseballs with a Kick
- Simple Beanie Weanies
It’s recipes like these BBQ Spareribs that makes Simple Meals such a life saver for families. We’ll provide the plans. We’ll provide the recipes. We’ll provide the grocery list. All you have to do is take a deep breath and enjoy how simple your life in the kitchen has become! Join Simple Meals!