Allow me to share with you the story of day these Easy Chocolate Cheesecake Muffins were born.
One day I thought to myself, “What if I mixed up chocolate muffins as usual? Then what if I poured cheesecake topping on them before I baked them? What if?”
I did all of that, but then I one-upped my idea by sprinkling mini-chocolate chips on top just before sliding them into the oven. This, of course, completed the recipe as if I was baking perfection itself.
Upon the birth of these delicious chocolate cheesecake babies, I began to consider other cheesecake-topped muffin options and lo, their little muffin siblings were born into the world. Coming soon to a Heavenly Homemakers blog near you:
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Muffins
- Banana Cheesecake Muffins
- Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Muffins
You see, once I started, I simply couldn’t stop. This resulted in 48 muffins atop my kitchen counter (and a significant number of dirty mixing bowls in my sink). Therefore, I had no choice but to invite approximately half the college campus to come over and eat muffins. I made for them a huge jar of Iced Coffee with which to wash them down.
And behold, it was good.
Additional Cheesecake Muffin recipes coming soon!
It is a fact that I was able to crank out 48 muffins in one setting because I had a container full of Muffin Mix just begging to be used. This made it so easy that I just kept scooping, mixing, playing, and creating.
I said it before. I’ll say it again. These Simple Mixes are my new super power.
I now present to you the first of the series of cheesecake muffin recipes. And if I’m you, I’d take advantage of the Simple Mixes that Save the Day eBook offer so that you, too, will be given this Super Power. Then we can all make all these muffins as quickly as possible and also we can teleport. What? If I’m going to have a Muffin Mix Super Power, I would also like to teleport. A girl can dream.
Easy Chocolate Cheesecake Muffins
- 2 cups Muffin Mix** or...
- 1½ cups whole grain flour
- ⅓ cup brown sugar or sucanat
- ½ teaspoon baking power
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 egg
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup melted butter
- Cheesecake topping:
- 8 ounces softened cream cheese
- 1 egg
- 2 Tablespoons real maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup mini chocolate chips
- Scoop Muffin Mix or measure dry ingredients together in a bowl.
- Add egg, sour cream, milk, and melted butter, stirring until ingredients are combined.
- Scoop batter into 12-15 prepared muffin tins.
- Prepare cheesecake topping by blending (in a blender or with a hand mixer) cream cheese, egg, maple syrup, and vanilla until smooth.
- Spoon 2-3 Tablespoons of cheesecake topping over each unbaked muffin.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips over the top of each.
- Bake in a 400 degree oven for 18-22 minutes or until muffins are golden brown.
**If you have our Simple Mixes to Save the Day eBook, save time and energy by using the Muffin Mix for this recipe instead!!