I have a few completely random subjects running around in my head. I figured you would just love to hear all about it. :)
1. The very best part about being sick is feeling better afterward. And being incredibly joyful simply because you can put a load of clothes into the washing machine without feeling completely worn out when you’re done.
2. Along those same lines…because I was sick for the better part of two weeks, and then we went on a trip…I’m having a terrible time catching up on everything that needs to be done around here. I do not have a Funky Kitchen…and my Home doesn’t look the least bit Heavenly right now. ;)
3. It doesn’t help that my vacuum isn’t working. And hasn’t been for about a month. The last time I tried to vacuum…I felt pieces of dirt and other unknown objects HITTING my foot! My vacuum was BLOWING AIR OUT instead of sucking stuff in. What is THAT about? So, my vacuum is in the shop, and my floors just keep getting dirtier. Thankfully, most of my main floor is hard wood and we just sweep it…but upstairs is a different story.
4. I have weeds taller than Justus outside in my garden. And he’s been growing like a weed. Now that’s scary.
5. I sent two of my boys outside yesterday to rinse out a couple of big jugs. 45 minutes later they came in soaking wet…the sidewalk had been watered very well…and the jugs were dirtier than they were to begin with. I’m pretty sure they had fun “helping me” though.
6. Last week we killed our friend’s guinea pig. Not on purpose. We were guinea pig sitting and it just so happened that it was “Rosie’s” time to go. I was reminded of several years ago when I was bunny sitting…and the bunny didn’t make it either. You may not want to trust our family with your pets. Just saying.
7. Asa lost his last baby tooth last night. His very last one. I’ve got to stop being in denial about my kids getting older.
8. As I do every July…I’m starting to get REALLY excited about the upcoming school year. We always start in early August…and I’m excited to share more about our schedule and some of the things we do in our home school. You should see my awesome list of books that I want to order! Ooh, I’m getting so excited!!!
9. I’ve heard from several of you that you’re anxious to hear more in my Getting Real With Food series! I’m anxious to share too, now that I’m feeling better. Sorry I haven’t posted any of those for a while. Really and truly, I’ll get back with it next week. What I LOVE is hearing how many of you are working to eat healthier!!! That makes me so excited!
10. I’m baking today for the farmer’s market. I’m writing this as my pretzel dough is rising. My house is about to begin smelling really, really yummy.
11. I had a typo when I first wrote number 10 and wrote “My house is about to begin spelling really, really yummy.” I never knew I had such a smart house.
Okay, enough randomness….I’ve got to go get back to work in the kitchen. And, I do believe that I’ll call the vacuum place to see if my vacuum is almost ready to be picked up.
What are you up to today? Hope you have a great one!