Pretty sure this picture right here is going to make us all want to make waffles very, very soon. Does a treat get any more delectable?
Waffles are one of our favorite breakfast foods – especially when we top them with strawberries, blueberries, and/or whipped cream. This is a great meal to feed company who is at your house for breakfast. They are so easy to make, but taste like a great treat!
My kids now call these “Super Mama Waffles.” If I was going to have a food named after me, I can’t think of one better than waffles. I’m pretty sure it’s the fruit and whipped cream that make these waffles super.
Keep these waffles in mind for dinner as well. And…we’ve even made big batches to feed college kids after church on Sundays for a fun lunch!
- 1 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 t. baking powder
- 1/2 t. sea salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 3/4 cup buttermilk
- Whisk all ingredients together.
- Cook batter in your waffle iron.
- I usually double this recipe and freeze the leftovers to be popped into the toaster another day!
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/4 cup rapadura or sucanat (dehydrated cane sugar juice)
- Stir ingredients together in a saucepan over medium heat for about 10 minutes until blueberries become a little mushy and syrupy.
- Serve over pancakes or waffles.
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
drop of vanilla
2 drops of stevia
Whip cream in a bowl until soft peaks form. Add vanilla and stevia and whip just a bit more.
Serve Blueberry syrup and whipped cream over waffles. Delicious!
Add protein to this meal by serving with scrambled eggs, ham, sausage, and/or bacon.
Confession: We now have two waffle irons. Our friends offered us theirs when they moved away, and we decided that would help make the process of feeding the masses so much faster. Indeed, we can now make twice the waffles at one time that we once could when we only had one waffle maker. See how good I am at math?
What are your favorite ways to serve waffles? You’ll want to be sure to check out our delicious recipes for Raspberry Syrup and Peach Syrup also. It is so easy to use whatever extra fruit you have on hand to make deliciously healthy syrups that end up being a fantastic treat!