As I’ve mentioned before, my friend Anne and I stuff each other’s stockings each year. It takes the pressure off of our husbands and we have a lot of fun. Several of you have asked for ideas of what we put in each other’s stockings. I’m posting this to answer that question AND so that if you want to, you can print this off and leave it dangling (innocently) in front of your husband if you would prefer that he stuff your stocking instead of having a friend join in the fun.
Anne is very creative and frugal. She’s put some pretty cool and interesting things in my stocking before including fire starters she made from egg cartons, saw dust and melted wax. I loved these for our fireplace! Yes, you are only limited by your imagination when it comes to stuffing a stocking. If you know a person well enough, you know exactly what she needs or loves.
I happen to know that Anne loves Ghiradelli Chocolate Chips, making that perfect for her stocking. I also gave her homemade vanilla last year and a jar of Homemade Ranch and Homemade Italian Dressing Mixes. Oh so practical. And tasty.
Here are more ideas for a lady’s stocking!
- Pens – because the stub of a crayon she finds in her purse or by the phone just won’t cut it. She needs pens.
- Paper Clips – she’ll never think to buy them for herself and she needs them
- Heavenly Homemakers Downloadable Recipe Cards – if you wait a couple of days, you’ll find all of these on sale!
- Small (and pretty) note pads – because they’re more fun to make lists on than the back of a school math paper
- Kitchen Towels – because all of her other ones are stained or torn…or in the hamper
- Lotion Bars from MadeOn – this stuff works miracles on my dry skin!
- Wooden Spoons and other Kitchen Utensils – so she can bake you something
- Warm Fuzzy Slipper Socks – for the same reason she needs Kitchen Towels, plus her feet are cold
- Flexi-Clip from Lilla Rose – because they’re beautiful and SO easy to use and inexpensive and pretty and…
- Cake Decorating Supplies – because they’re just fun!
Ladies, fill in the gaps by leaving comments of suggested stocking stuffers you’d have fun finding in YOUR stocking Christmas morning!