It’s too easy. This Easy Cheesy Popcorn? Prepare to be amazed.
I’ve been meaning to share this Simple Snack Recipe idea with you for something like four or eighty years. Our friends often take this fun snack to share at get-togethers and it’s always a huge hit! Every time I think to myself, “I have GOT to learn their secret and share it with everyone at Heavenly Homemakers!”
And then I forget about it until the next get together that involves the Cheesy Popcorn and well, here we are four or eighty years later.
I finally did it though! Today, before every single one of us have become great-great grandparents, I finally thought of the popcorn. I finally remembered to ask and I finally learned all the tricks. Turns out, making Easy Cheesy Popcorn is as easy as adding butter, cheese, and salt to already popped corn. So you and I could have been enjoying this Cheesy Popcorn delightfulness long, long ago.
Be impressed that I got all these details from the 13-year old son of the Family of Easy Cheesy Popcorn Experts. He was at our house hanging out with my 13-year old son. (By the way, we can no longer say “the kid came over to play” because when you’re 13 that is not cool. They hang out. They do not play.) Anyway, I interrupted a game of soccer they were playing to ask a boring recipe question. God bless the teenage boys who come hang out with my kids. What can I say? I knew that if I didn’t ask about the popcorn right at that moment another eighty years will go by and we would never learn these secrets.
So here you go. Easy Cheesy Popcorn. It is a snack of champions because it is loaded with good, nourishing fat and it tastes incredible too.
Easy Cheesy Popcorn
- 1 cup unpopped popcorn
- Coconut oil
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup shredded cheese (parmesan, Colby jack, or cheddar recommended)
- Sea salt to taste
- Pop 1 cup of popcorn in coconut oil or in an air popper.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter and cheese together, stirring until well combined.
- Shake a liberal amount of sea salt into the butter/cheese mixture and stir.
- Pour butter/cheese mixture over the popped corn and stir.
- Serve right away.
Looking for more Simple Snack Recipes?
We’re sharing new recipes all month! So far here’s what we’ve come up with:
- No Bake Cookie Cups (5 minute prep!)
- Cream Cheese Salsa Dip (2 ingredients!)
- Pineapple Coconut Quick Bread (blends together fast!)
- Parmesan Crisps (so easy you won’t believe it!)
- Sweet and Salty Almonds or Pecans
- Chocolate Cheesecake Fudge
- Creamy Italian Veggie Dip
- No Bake Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
- Honey Sweetened Flourless Peanut Butter Bars (3 ingredients!)
Want a Simple Meal Plan sent to your inbox every single week? We’d love for you to join Simple Meals!