I first made these Simple Hashbrown and Egg Nests on a Saturday morning in which we had no plans. No plans. None. I didn’t actually know what to do with myself.
So I did something unwise and I drove myself to Wal-Mart. I know better. Going to Wal-Mart on a Saturday is a very bad idea. This is because everyone from the entire town and every surrounding town is there, making it one big party in which navigating through grocery aisles becomes an Olympic sport.
There are tight squeezes and dozens of “excuse me’s” and by the time I finally make it over to the frozen hashbrowns, the brand I’m hoping for is out of stock. Because, of course.
During this shopping endeavor while breaking into a sweat and attempting not to crash into fellow shoppers at Aisle 9, my biggest goal is to keep a smile on my face. “Shine for Jesus, Laura!” I tell myself. “What would Jesus do?” I ask myself.
Well, Jesus probably wouldn’t have gone to Wal-Mart on a Saturday, because of His ultimate wisdom.
When I finally got home from the store that day, I could think of nothing I would love more than to make a huge feast for my family because after all, my morning had been so laid back and relaxed so far. Thank goodness for the ease of recipes like this one for Simple Hashbrown and Egg Nests. They made their way into the oven very quickly and I think it goes without saying that after my taxing morning, I was ready to sit down with my family and eat a second breakfast.
These Simple Hashbrown and Egg Nests are incredibly tasty and would make a wonderful dish to serve at dinnertime. That’s why I’m qualifying it for a Simple Meals on a Simple Budget recipe. Making these quickly in the evening and serving them with salad, veggies, and fruit will make a great dinner!
Oh. But don’t go to the store at 5:00 pm on a weeknight to get these ingredients for your dinner because in my experience, that time is worse than a Saturday morning at the store and I think we all know how I feel about that.
Simple Hashbrown and Egg Nests
- 15-ounces frozen shredded hashbrowns
- 8 eggs
- 2 Tablespoons dried minced onion
- 1 cup shredded cheese (we like Colby jack or pepper jack best, but any variety will work!)
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Mix ingredients together in a bowl until well combined.
- Scoop mixture into prepared muffin tins (I find that it works best to melt a bit of oil in each tin so that the baked nests pop right out!)
- Bake in a 400 degree oven for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
Want even more Simple Recipes?
- Simple Baked Salmon and Asparagus
- Simple Crock Pot Chicken Soup with a Kick
- Simple Skillet Taco Pasta
- Last-Minute Lentil Chili
- Simple Sweet and Sour Baked Chicken Legs
- 20-Minute Taco Soup
- Simple Cheesy Baked Chicken
- Simple Creamy Chicken Stew in the Crock Pot
- Simple Italian Beef and Broccoli Skillet
- Simple Bacon Ranch Chicken
- Simple Hawaiian Crock Pot Chicken
- Simple Taco Rice Dinner
- Simple Last Minute Nacho Plate
- Simple Chicken Cheeseballs with a Kick
- Simple Beanie Weanies
- Simple Crock Pot BBQ Spareribs
- Simple Pizza Chicken Bake
- Simple Italian Chicken and Green Bean Bake
- Last Minute Creamy Bacon Spaghetti
- Simple Hamburger Soup
- Simple Parmesan Broiled Fish
- Simple Overnight Saucy Crock Pot Chicken
- Simple 15-Minute Meal
- Simple Overnight Melt-in-Your-Mouth Beef Roast
- Simple 3-Cheese Crock Pot Pasta
- Simple Oven Fried Chicken
- Simple Honey Mustard Chicken Legs
- The Easiest Mashed Potatoes in the World
- Simple Garlic Butter Shrimp
- Simple Crunchy Ranch Chicken Strips
- Simple Crock Pot Shredded Ranch Chicken (for salad or tacos)
- Simple Crock Pot Pizza Casserole
- Simple Barbecue Beef Roast
- Simple Spanish Rice Bowls
- Simple Roasted Rotiserie Chicken
- Simple Green Chile Chicken
- Simple Tex-Mex Creamy Chicken
- Simple Waffle Omelets
- Simple Crock Pot Taco Pasta
- Simple Grilled Chicken
- Simple Hawaiian Beef Roast
- Simple Crock Pot Creamy Stew Meat
- Simple Cheese Stuffed Burgers
- Simple Hashbrown Casserole (For Instant Pot, Crock Pot or Oven!)
- Simple Lasagna Casserole (For Instant Pot or Crock Pot)
- Simple Chili Mac
- Simple Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole
- From Burrito Bar to Casserole (a 5-Minute Meal!)
- Simple Bacon Cheeseburger Roll
- Simple Garlic Parmesan Chicken Legs
- Super Simple Lasagna
- The Simplest White Chicken Chili
- Simple Lentil Nachos
- Simple Tuna Patties
- Simple Banana Pancakes
- Simple Crock Pot Applesauce BBQ Chicken
Enjoy all these recipes without effort when you become a Simple Meals member! Every week we’ll send you a great menu plan full of Simple Recipes like this one. We’ll equip you with a grocery list. We’ll break everything down so that your meal prep is as simple as possible. We’ll give you bonus tips and recipes and freebies. And this is all for just $1 each week. You’ll love it!