After sharing the Ranch Dressing Mix recipe, several of you asked for different varieties of healthy salad dressing recipes. I’m excited to share my recipes for Italian Salad Dressing and Thousand Island Dressing!
What makes these salad dressing recipes better?
- These use real food ingredients – choose to use healthy oils and other ingredients you feel good about feeding your family. I use olive oil for these.
- These save money – they cost much less than buying them pre-made! The price of Italian Dressing Mix can add up!
- You can make Italian Dressing Mix ahead of time so all you have to do when you need dressing is mix it up!
Italian Dressing Mix
- 1½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 Tablespoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 Tablespoon dried parsley
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon thyme
- ½ teaspoon dried celery flakes
- Shake ingredients together and store in a jar.
- To make Italian salad dressing: Mix 2 Tablespoons dry mix with ¼ cup vinegar (I prefer red wine vinegar), 2 teaspoons water and ½ cup olive oil.
Besides salad dressing, use the Italian Dressing Mix to make:
- Italian Roast Wraps
- Italian Cream Cheese Chicken
- Italian Roasted Potatoes
- Italian Stew with Green Beans
Use Italian Dressing to marinate chicken for the best grilled chicken!!
And now for another of our favorite salad dressing recipes:
Thousand Island Dressing
1 cup mayonnaise (I use Hain Safflower)
1/3 cup ketchup
1/4 cup pickle relish
1 Tablespoon minced onion
1 hard boiled egg, chopped (optional)
Mix ingredients, cover and chill.
So…what’s your favorite kind of salad dressing? (mine’s ranch) Have I come up with enough healthier dressings (aka dressings with NO high fructose corn syrup or MSG) to tickle your fancy…or should I keep playing?
I’m determined to come up with Caesar and Blue Cheese. But my attempts at these so far are not share worthy!