Well, hi! Did you have a nice Christmas?
I’m assuming you’d like to stay in “vacation mode” for just a few more days. Perhaps you’re planning to hit the stores and grab some 75% off sales. (Get me some wrapping paper and multi-colored tree lights while you’re there, will you?)
Today I’ve got a fun new Simple Meal to share with you. This one is a bit different from those I’ve shared recently. You’ll be happy to learn that it includes bacon. And cream cheese. It’s like I’m giving you a late Christmas present. Best of all, this meal can be thrown together at the last minute with no prior planning!
Here’s how this Creamy Bacon Spaghetti can be considered a “last minute meal” even if you didn’t thaw bacon in preparation: Bacon will thaw quickly when placed in a pan of hot water. In just a few minutes, you can cook it and stir it into your pasta.
Easy, peasy, bacon, cheesy.
Here’s another great bacon tip for you: Cut it into pieces with kitchen shears, like this…
While your bacon pieces are cooking, you can boil your spaghetti. When both are finished, you stir them together with cream cheese, Italian dressing, and parmesan. A couple minutes later, your meal is served.
Last Minute Creamy Bacon Spaghetti
- 16 ounces whole grain spaghetti
- 1 pound uncooked bacon, but into 1-inch pieces
- 4 ounces softened cream cheese, cut into cubes
- ½ cup Italian dressing*
- 4 Tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions.
- In the meantime, cook bacon in a skillet.
- Drain grease from bacon.
- Drain water from spaghetti.
- Immediately pour hot spaghetti into the skillet with cooked bacon.
- Add remaining ingredients, stirring until cream cheese is melted and dish is well combined.
- Serve right away.
*Here’s my Italian Dressing recipe if you like!
Other Simple Recipes I’ve Shared Recently:
- Simple Baked Salmon and Asparagus
- Simple Crock Pot Chicken Soup with a Kick
- Simple Skillet Taco Pasta
- Simple Sweet and Sour Baked Chicken Legs
- 20-Minute Taco Soup
- Simple Cheesy Baked Chicken
- Simple Creamy Chicken Stew in the Crock Pot
- Simple Italian Beef and Broccoli Skillet
- Simple Bacon Ranch Chicken
- Simple Hawaiian Crock Pot Chicken
- Simple Taco Rice Dinner
- Simple Last Minute Nacho Plate
- Simple Chicken Cheeseballs with a Kick
- Simple Beanie Weanies
- Simple Crock Pot BBQ Spareribs
- Simple Pizza Chicken Bake
It’s recipes like this that makes Simple Meals such a life saver for families. We’ll provide the plans. We’ll provide the recipes. We’ll provide the grocery list. All you have to do is take a deep breath and enjoy how simple your life in the kitchen has become! Join Simple Meals!