Chewy Granola Bars. No corn syrup. Easy recipe. Grab-and-go snack option. Fantastic.
Every homemade chewy granola bar recipe I’ve ever seen includes corn syrup and/or marshmallow cream (not ingredients we feel okay about eating or feeding my family). Even most pre-made granola bars I have seen at the store (even the organic ones) have ingredients I don’t like feeding my family.
I finally figured out a chewy granola bar recipe that we like! It’s easy and includes all natural sweeteners and ingredients! These bars are way cheaper than store bought granola bars! Plus you can customize it according to your family’s taste and allergies! They can be easily wrapped individually to take in the car or packed in a lunch!
Homemade Chewy Granola Bars
- ½ cup peanut butter or sunbutter
- ⅓ cup honey
- ¼ cup coconut oil (or another oil of your choice)
- 1 cup oats
- 1 cup total of any combination of: sesame seeds, coconut flakes, sunflower seeds, dried fruit, mini chocolate chips
- In a medium sized saucepan, melt together peanut butter, honey and coconut oil.
- Remove from heat and add one cup of oats.
- Choose your favorite combination of coconut flakes, sesame seeds, sunflower seeds, dried fruit and mini chocolate chips, to equal a total of ONE CUP. (I just got out my one cup measuring cup and poured in the ingredients until the cup was full.)
- Pour in and stir well.
- Spread mixture into a 8x8 or 9x4 pan.
- Chill for two hours, then cut into bars.
Wrap in plastic wrap for a quick grab and go snack!
Many have said that these taste similar to the oldie-but-goodie No Bake Cookie recipe we’re all familiar with. How fun that these are quite a bit healthier!
I’ve found that these keep best in the fridge as they get a little bit too soft if left out for too long. What a perfect grab-and-go snack!
Please don’t miss this! This is a wonderful resource no matter what stage of life you are in! Always grow. Always learn. (And in this case, pay very little for a huge package of goods to bless you!)