This recipe could NOT get any easier, especially if I already have a big batch of homemade tortillas in my fridge ready to go.
These enchiladas can also be made with corn tortillas if you have a gluten intolerance or if you just like corn tortillas better.
Layered Cheesy Salsa Enchiladas
- 1 pound ground beef
- sea salt to taste
- 2 cups salsa
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided (I use raw white cheddar)
- 8 whole wheat flour tortillas (or corn tortillas)
- Brown meat. Stir in salsa and ½ cup of cheese.
- Lay 4 tortillas in the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Spread half of meat mixture over tortillas.
- Layer again with the 4 remaining tortillas.
- Spread remaining meat mixture over tortillas.
- Top with 1½ cups cheese.
- Bake uncovered at 350° for 20-25 minutes.
This dish freezes easily too, making it a great make ahead meal!
Freezing Instructions: Cover dish well and freeze. Thaw and bake as directed above. Or, if the enchiladas are frozen, bake in a 250° oven for one hour, then at 350° for another 30 minutes or until cheese is bubbly.
I have several more High Five Recipes up my sleeve (not literally of course, but wouldn’t that be fun to see?). Oh, and actually if you haven’t already, you should go read the story of my sleeves because, well it’s always fun to read about sleeves.