These burgers are my favorite way to use my homemade ranch dressing mix . Well, second favorite I guess, next to making the actual ranch dressing for salads. You’ll love how the ranch dressing mix gives these burgers such great flavor!
Now that the busy-ness of the holiday season is over and it’s a new year, I’ve been excited to experiment with new simple and healthy recipes to share! I’ve been spending some time working up more High Five Recipes for us because a simple, healthy recipe with only five (0r fewer) ingredients?! Perfect!
These Cheddar Ranch Burgers are SO easy to stir together and cook up for a quick lunch or dinner. My kids (even the ones who usually don’t like meat as much) devour these! Such a fun variation to regular hamburgers!
Cheddar Ranch Burgers
- 2 pounds hamburger meat (beef, venison or turkey)
- ¾ cup shredded cheddar cheese ( I use Landmark raw white cheddar)
- 2 Tablespoons ranch dressing mix (or ½ package ranch dressing pouch)
- Whole wheat hamburger buns (or regular store-bought buns)
- Stir all ingredients together in a bowl.
- Shape burger into 8-10 patties.
- Fry in a skillet or on the grill until cooked through and through.
These are the bunless burgers shown in the picture. Really, they are delicious with or without a bun! This is great, since I’m often behind in keeping up with making our homemade buns.
Be sure to try making this Homemade Ranch Dressing Mix to use in your Cheddar Ranch Burgers…SO easy and good for you!
I’ve got several more High Five Recipes in the works! I’ll try to share one every two weeks or so!
Question: Are you a ranch lover…or not? I’ve visited with several people lately that just don’t like ranch dressing. What is that about?
Do you think I could get away with feeding them these burgers and just call them something else? ;)