This post is becoming somewhat of a Christmas tradition here. Each year I tell you how much we love games, I tell you about the games we already have, and I ask for your ideas for new games to get our family for Christmas. After all, we are a gaming family. Surely we can’t survive Christmas without a new one under the tree, right?
Here are the games we already have and love:
- 5-Second Rule
- Spot It!
- The Game of Things
- Settlers of Catan (With extentions, which you’ll need if you have more than 4 players.)
- Settlers of Catan Cities and Knights (This is an expansion of Settlers of Catan. This is our favorite add on to regular Setters.)
- Seafarers of Catan (Also an expansion of Settlers.)
- The Castles of Burgandy
- Ticket to Ride
- Bohnanza (This one is unique. Great for older kids and adults. We love this one!)
- Blink (Malachi and I play this quick card game a lot while the older brothers are at basketball practice.)
- Apples to Apple Junior (This is probably our favorite group game. We don’t recommend the regular version of this game because the cards are less familiar to the kids.)
- Boggle (This game totally counts as school work, but no one knows they’re learning.)
- Quelf (I’ve actually decided that I very much dislike this one. The kids like it though.)
- Pass the Pigs
- Huskerdu (great for younger kids – still fun for adults)
Those links are my affiliate links.
So with these facts in mind:
- We usually have 5 or more playing at the same time.
- Sometimes we like games we can pull out and play for just 20 minutes or so once we finally get together in the evening before bed.
- Often we have company and like to play big group games
What games would you recommend for our family this year? What do you have and like?
Thanks for making this so much fun every year!