This Whole Wheat Graham Crackers recipe was originally posted in 2008. My current big 11-year old was a tiny 3-year old back then and I can’t stop looking at the pictures in this post.
I updated this post to have an easy-to-print recipe option for you. These crackers are crunchy-crispy…and taste SO GOOD. Oh, I hope you love them like we do.
If you like the Honey Graham Cracker recipe, you’ll love the fact that you can also make CHOCOLATE Graham Crackers! Just add 1/3 cup cocoa to the recipe.
Whole Wheat Graham Crackers
- 2 ¼ cups whole wheat flour
- ½ cup sucanat (dehydrated cane sugar juice)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 Tablespoons honey
- ¼ cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Melt stick of butter in a pan on the stove. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, stir together the flour, sucanat, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- Add the liquids: honey, water, vanilla and melted butter.
- Stir well until a nice ball of dough is formed.
- Cut two pieces of Parchment paper the size of the cookie sheet.
- Lay one piece of parchment paper on the cookie sheet.
- Place the ball of dough on the parchment paper.
- Lay the other piece of parchment paper on top of the ball of dough. Squish dough down a little with your fist.
- Use the rolling pin to roll the dough between the pieces of parchment paper. Roll until the dough covers the whole cookie sheet.
- Remove the top piece of parchment paper. Cut rolled dough into 2 inch squares, or cut shapes with cookie cutters, being sure to separate the shapes from the surrounding dough a little.
- Bake in oven for 18 minutes.
- Turn oven off, but leave crackers in the oven to get crisp.
- Remove from oven after 30 minutes to one hour. Break graham crackers apart.
- Store in a air tight container.
Malachi is finishing up the rolling for Mama!
Here’s a shot of the chocolate graham crackers
cut into squares and ready to bake.
Malachi is using little cookie cutters to make “animal crackers”!
Here’s a plate of the Chocolate Graham Crackers.
My kids get so excited when I make these. They are a great snack to have on hand. Try them and see what you think! :)