Here’s the promised graham cracker recipe! These crackers are crunchy-crispy…and taste SO GOOD. Oh, I hope you love them like we do…
Okay, and if you love the Honey Graham Cracker recipe, you’ll LOVE the fact that you can also make CHOCOLATE Graham Crackers!!! Just add 1/3 cup cocoa to the recipe.
Whole Wheat Honey Graham Crackers
2 ¼ cups whole wheat flour
½ cup sucanat (dehydrated cane sugar juice)
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon cinnamon
4 Tablespoons honey
¼ cup water
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup butter, melted
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Melt stick of butter in a pan on the stove. Set aside.
3. In a mixing bowl, stir together the flour, sucanat, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
4. Add the liquids: honey, water, vanilla and melted butter.
5. Stir well until a nice ball of dough is formed.
6. Cut two pieces of Parchment paper the size of the cookie sheet.
7. Lay one piece of parchment paper on the cookie sheet.
8. Place the ball of dough on the parchment paper.
9. Lay the other piece of parchment paper on top of the ball of dough. Squish dough down a little with your fist.
10. Use the rolling pin to roll the dough between the pieces of parchment paper. Roll until the dough covers the whole cookie sheet.
Malachi is finishing up the rolling for Mama!
11. Remove the top piece of parchment paper. Cut rolled dough into 2 inch squares, or cut shapes with cookie cutters, being sure to separate the shapes from the surrounding dough a little.
Here’s a shot of the chocolate graham crackers
cut into squares and ready to bake.
Malachi is using little cookie cutters to make “animal crackers”!
12. Bake in oven for 18 minutes.
13. Turn oven off, but leave crackers in the oven to get crisp.
14. Remove from oven after 30 minutes to one hour. Break graham crackers apart.
15. Store in a air tight container.
Here’s a plate of the Chocolate Graham Crackers.
My kids get so excited when I make these. They are a great snack to have on hand. Try them and see what you think! :)