Wanna know the biggest problem I had with my Applesauce Bread this morning?!
I only made one loaf! What was I thinking?!
We downed the whole loaf very quickly…
And then, “Mom, did you make anymore?” say all the boys as they peek around in hope at all the countertops and at the oven.
So, be warned, you might want to double this recipe if you’re going to wake your family up some morning to the delicious smell of this bread baking.
And, it is a great way to wake your family, I promise!
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup sucanat or 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3/4 cup applesauce
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Mix dry ingredients.
- Make a well in the center and add applesauce, eggs and butter. Stir well.
- Pour into a buttered bread pan or stone.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes at 350 degrees, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the loaf comes out clean.
See, Malachi has his green cell phone handy right there – ready to call someone to let them
know what a great breakfast he’s having. (I can’t believe my kids were actually this little once!)