This frappe recipe has nothing to do with me and everything to do with: you all totally rock. Thank you for reading my posts and then sharing your great ideas too. YOU are Heavenly Homemakers that I am so thankful to call friends. Plus, you give me more delicious chocolate ideas, so of course I love you.
This recipe is a result of putting several of your comments together from both my Make Coffee Ice Cubes for Iced Coffee post and my Chocolate Whipped Cream – Perfect For Your Coffee post. I took all of your thoughts, advice, and suggestions – put them together with my ingredients and my blender…and what did I get? Chocolate Frappe perfection which is a completely guilt free treat on a hot day. Or a cold day. Or in the middle of the night. Not really. I sleep at night. But I dream of this Chocolate Frappe.
This frappe is stevia sweetened, which means there is no sugar in this – only wholesome, real food ingredients that won’t give you a sugar rush. Don’t like stevia? I didn’t like it either until I learned to use it correctly. I prefer NuNaturals Liquid Stevia (ordered through Vitacost). Use only a few drops – too much and your drink will have a bitter aftertaste. Get it just right and you’ll feel like you’re drinking something naughty. Oh lovely Chocolate Frappe fantastic-ness.
Healthy Homemade Chocolate Frappe
- 5-8 iced coffee cubes
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup coffee (cold brewed or hot brewed then chilled)
- ½ cup (or more) Chocolate Whipped Cream
- Mix ingredients in the blender until smooth.
- Feel free to add more or less of any of the above ingredients.
- Serve and drink immediately.
- Pass out from the deliciousness.
- Take joy in the non-guilty pleasure.
Some additional ideas I learned from you regarding the creation of cold coffee treats:
- In addition to freezing coffee cubes, you can also freeze cream or milk to blend into frappe type drinks.
- You can cold brew coffee in your French press if you have one. I’m definitely trying this.
- You can cold brew coffee in jars. Well shucks, I have jars. I can do that.
- You can freeze tea in ice cube trays so your tea doesn’t get watered down. This has nothing to do with coffee, but it’s worth sharing anyway because, duh. Why didn’t I think of that?
- We should all get together and drink coffee, or tea, or something because wouldn’t that be so much fun?
Keep on sharing – What are your favorite coffee drinks for summertime?