You’re about to learn about my amazing Italian Cream Cheese Chicken recipe – one of my family’s favorite meals!
If you didn’t know it already, after reading this recipe it will be very clear to you that I am not afraid to cook with, serve my family, or eat high fat foods. Welcome to a recipe that includes butter, cream and cream cheese. Oh yes, that’s why it tastes so good.
If you are afraid of fats, I’d love to assure you of how healthy it is to eat these whole, natural foods. There’s a big difference in the fat you consume at McGreasies and fat which is whole and natural. Our bodies, skin and hair need healthy fats in order to thrive. Here is a post I wrote a while ago regarding butter and cream – and if you’d like to read through my entire series of Getting Real with Food posts, you can do that here.
Ah, and I have to laugh at myself because while this recipe calls for butter, cream and cream cheese – it also calls for boneless, skinless chicken breasts, which always makes me think of low-fat cooking. I’m not afraid of the fat in the skin of a chicken, nor am I afraid of cooking a chicken with bones – but I don’t really prefer pieces of bone or skin in my pasta dishes. Therefore, I find that boneless, skinless chicken works best in this recipe. ;)
Italian Cream Cheese Chicken
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 Tablespoons dry Italian Dressing Mix
- ½ cup butter
- 1½ cups cream
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- Place chicken, dressing mix and butter in a crock pot. (I used my homemade Italian Dressing Mix to make this dish.)
- Cook for 6 hours on low or 4 hours on high.
- Shred chicken with a knife and fork. Add cream and cream cheese to the chicken and stir.
- Cook for ½ hour longer on low.
- Serve with whole grain noodles or brown rice.
What are the fats you include in your healthy diet?