When you’re trying to eat a healthy diet, figuring out exciting lunches can be a challenge. And if you are trying to pack a healthy lunch to take to school or work, it can be even more of a challenge. This yummy Black Bean Salsa is delicious, good for you, and super easy to put together.
Pack it up “to go” with some blue corn chips, some fruit and a Peanut Butter Honey Bar, and you’ve got a great lunch that’s easy to take anywhere.
Black Bean Salsa
- 1 cup dried black beans
- 5 tomatoes, diced
- 1 small onion, chopped fine
- 1 cup frozen corn, steamed and cooled
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- Soak beans in water overnight.
- Drain and cover with fresh water in saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, then simmer for 45 minutes.
- In large bowl, mix together beans, tomatoes, onion, corn and cilantro.
- Stir together.
- Store in refrigerator.
- Serve with corn chips or baked tortilla chips.
Make this salsa even easier by using canned black beans and canned corn…then all you have to do is quickly throw all the ingredients into a bowl and stir!
Mmmmm…I LOVE this stuff!
Need more “to go” lunch ideas?
Look through all the recipes listed in our Make-Ahead Lunch Box series. Lunch can be so much more than a sandwich and carrot stick! All of the ideas will work great to make ahead, then pull out to pack for a lunch.
- Cream Cheese BLT Sandwiches
- Zucchini Carrot Bread
- Hot Chocolate Souffle
- Lazy Dogs
- Taco Quesadillas
- Bbq Beef and Cheese Hot Pockets
- Coconut Fudge Bars
- Bacon, Egg, and Avocado Salad
- Raspberry Lemon Cream Cups
- Nectarine Cream Cups
- Ham and Cheese Pasta Salad
- Whole Wheat Pizza Swirls
- Taco Corn Fritters