- Baked Chicken and Artichoke Penne with Sundried Tomatoes – I doubled this dish, we ate one and I froze one. Not that I was trying to deceive my kids, but I figured if I told them there were artichokes on their plates, they wouldn’t eat it. Instead, I threw the artichokes in my food processor to grind up and they never knew they were in this dish. They scarfed up their servings and had seconds and thirds. Sweet!
- Tacos in a Sleeping Bag (using my yogurt pizza dough instead of the crescent dough called for in the recipe) – I haven’t let my family eat these yet even though they looked and smelled incredible. They are in the freezer and will taste incredible (and convenient) next week sometime!
- Ham Broccoli and Cheddar Roll (again using my yogurt pizza dough) – I can’t say this made it into our freezer. :) I baked this before we left for a soccer game and we came home and ate the entire roll (which I had doubled). This was SO delicious!
- Homemade Cheesy Rice – I’m going to be making this today – I can’t wait. I may even throw some leftover chicken in to complete the meal!
- Strawberry Orange Smoothie – I have made this smoothie recipe not once, not twice, but three times since Monday!! To say that this recipe was a hit is an understatement. We’ve had some shocking 100 degree days this week and this smoothie has been so refreshing!
So, did you picture all of that in your head? Was it lovely? Oh good.
What all were you able to accomplish this week to get ahead in the kitchen? Here is a review of the “rules” for our Freezer Cooking Challenge:
- Pick a recipe (or more) from Once a Month Mom or from here at Heavenly Homemakers.
- Find some time this week to make the recipe(s) for your freezer.
- Blog about your cooking experience, if you have a blog, so that you can come link up with us here on Friday when we’ll all report back to share how our freezer cooking went. If you don’t have a blog, you’ll be given the opportunity to share about your freezer cooking in the comments section of our round up post, so please join the fun whether you have a blog or not!
- Each person who links up or leaves a comment on the Friday Freezer Cooking Round Up post will be eligible to win a free recipe ebook of choice ($7.95 or less) from the Heavenly Homemakers Shop.
- The more recipes you make and share with us, the more chances you have to win! (But don’t over-do…we would like to keep this fun. Please, we don’t want any reports that women across the world fainted from Freezer Cooking Exhaustion.)
Share what you accomplished! Any link or comment (that follows the rules above) will be included in a drawing for a free recipe ebook in the Heavenly Homemakers Shop. I’ll draw a winner Monday, May 16! Can’t wait to hear what you’ve been up to this week!