This Cream Cheese Fruit Dip is our very favorite dip to eat with fruit!
I’ve probably already written this sentence a time or three, but here it is again: Cream cheese makes everything better!
Or was I talking about butter when I said that? Actually, maybe it was cream? Well, the same is true for cream cheese, butter, and cream. (Although I will draw the line at adding any of the above to my lettuce salad.)
This recipe includes both cream and cream cheese. And homemade vanilla. (Or store bought vanilla, but homemade is so YUM.) And then there is just a bit of maple syrup to make it sweet. Last but not least – you’ll add a shot of lemon or lime juice. Here are the specifics:
Easy Fruit Dip
- ½ cup cream (heavy whipping cream)
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 Tablespoons real maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 Tablespoons lemon or lime juice (fresh or bottled)
- Whip the cream until it forms stiff peaks.
- In a separate bowl, cream together the cream cheese, maple syrup, vanilla, and lemon or lime juice.
- Fold cream cheese mixture into the whipped cream.
- Chill until ready to serve, or serve right away.
Tastes great with strawberries, grapes, and apples. Makes about two cups of dip.
Everything is better with:
b) cream cheese
d) all of the above
I’d love to hear your opinion on this one!