This Cheesy Vegetable Casserole makes it possible to help your entire family enjoy veggies!
This recipe is versatile so you can add your family’s favorite veggies – or be creative so you can learn to eat new ones. The mixture of all these ingredients makes any vegetable taste great!
Cheesy Vegetable Casserole
- 2 pounds fresh variety of vegetables of your choice (broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, green beans, zucchini, or asparagus all work well)
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- ¼ cup melted butter
- ½ cup mayonnaise (I use Hain Safflower)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 ½ cups shredded cheese (cheddar or Colby jack work well)
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground pepper
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- Chop vegetables into bite-sized pieces.
- Stir all ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Pour into a 2-quart baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, for 45-60 minutes in a 350° oven.
This recipe is perfect to add to your holiday brunch table. Here are some dishes I recommend serving with your Cheesy Vegetable Casserole for brunch:
- Angeled Eggs
- Bacon Tomato Dip with Baked Tortilla Chips
- Fruit Salad
- Honey Peanut Bars
- Hot Spinach and Artichoke Dip
- Nectarine Cream Cups
- No-Bake Chocolate Fudge Bites
- No-Bake Peanut Butter Cookie Bites
- No-Bake Snickerdoodle Bites
- Pineapple Fluff Salad
- Ranch Cheese Ball
- Beef Summer Sausage
- Barbecue Brisket
- Crock Pot Barbecue Chicken Breasts
- Turkey Ranch Pinwheels
The thing about brunches is that you’re wide open to serving just about anything – from main dish to side dish to breakfast dish to dessert. That’s what makes them fun. Putting this Cheesy Vegetable Casserole on the table – even with other breakfast type foods like muffins and sausage – really adds something special. And let’s not forget that it means your putting veggies on the table. With cheese. Veggies with cheese are always a hit!
What are your favorite dishes to add to a brunch table?