For years and years and years (give or take a year or two), I’ve been wanting to find a good Caramel Popcorn recipe that did not contain corn syrup. The recipes I found that didn’t contain corn syrup were either complicated, or they contained other ingredients beyond corn syrup that I didn’t feel comfortable feeding my family.
But just leave it to you all to solve my Caramel Popcorn dilemma. A big thanks goes out to everyone who suggested that this new Caramel Sauce recipe might be able to be used on popcorn. Over the weekend, I decided to give it a try. I figured the outcome may not be blog-worthy, but surely my family would eat it regardless of whether it was great or not. My men are always so good to eat my experiments. Especially if it’s an experiment with Caramel Sauce on top.
This got rave reviews, which came, as you can imagine, while they were chewing. Since they were saying such nice things to me about my cooking, I lovingly allowed them to talk with their mouths full. Far be it from me to scold my popcorn munching children when they are in the middle of boosting my ego.
- 1 cup unpopped popcorn
- 1 recipe of Caramel Sauce*
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- Pop 1 cup of popcorn and put it into two 8x13 inch baking dishes.
- Stir together the caramel sauce ingredients, stirring in ½ teaspoon of sea salt.
- Drizzle the caramel sauce over the popcorn.
- Stir the caramel sauce all around the popcorn the best you can without making too many popcorny messes.
- Bake in a 250° for 10 minutes, then stir the popcorn.
- Bake for an additional 10 minutes.
- Remove Caramel Corn from oven and serve.
If there is any left after you feed this to your family, package some up to give as gifts. Yep, people everywhere will be talking with their mouths full. It’ll be a beautiful, Christmas moment.