Nothing says “I’m a humble cook” like shouting really loudly that this is the best recipe you’ll ever eat! My bad. What can I say? There’s bacon in it. And cream cheese. The goodness of this recipes has nothing to do with me, and everything to do with the amazing mixture of ingredients all rolled up in a tortilla.
This recipe is so easy that my kids made it on their own for our family to eat on Mother’s Day. These can be made ahead of time – or at the very least, you can cook the bacon and prepare the tomatoes and lettuce so that you can put them together right before serving time.
The best part? Well…the bacon, duh. Yeah, but the other best part? These wraps really hit the spot on a hot day. There’s minimal cooking involved, so the house won’t heat up. Serve these with a variety of fresh fruit like pineapple, watermelon, or strawberries. Set out some sweet peppers, sliced cucumbers, and carrot sticks. What a wonderful, nourishing meal.
- 4 ounces softened cream cheese
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 8 slices cooked and crumbled bacon
- ½ cup chopped tomatoes
- ½ cup shredded spinach, romaine, or green leaf lettuce
- 3 eight-inch whole wheat tortillas
- Mix cream cheese and mayonnaise until smooth.
- Stir in bacon crumbles and chopped tomatoes.
- Spread mixture onto tortillas.
- Sprinkle shredded lettuce on top evenly.
- Roll tortillas up tightly.
- Cut each into 5 diagonal slices.
- Chill until ready to serve.
Tip: Make the cream cheese filling ahead of time and store it in the fridge. Then simply fill your tortillas at meal time, wrap, and serve! These work great for brunch, lunch, party, snack…pretty much any time.
Which do you like better: bacon or cream cheese? How sweet it is that you can have both in this recipe, at the same time. :)