As I’ve been working to keep up with the two new blog series (how do you say series in plural form? series-es-es?)…and of course Gratituesday…and menu plans…and new recipes…
I’m finding there’s not much time to blog about anything else. And I kinda miss it. So, I’m taking just a tiny break this week from Feeding the Family and Women with a Mission so that I can take the time to fill you in on some little tid-bits of our lives:
- Matt got home tonight (Wednesday). Yay and yay again. I didn’t rearrange any furniture while he was gone, but I did manage to clean out my email box so that there are only 37 unread emails waiting for me. I try to keep up, really I do! Oh, and when Matt walked in the door he held in his hand a single rose that he’d taken from Grandpa’s casket…and brought all the way back from CA for me. In his hand. Even though the rose was a bit wilted and saggy…it was the most beautiful red rose I’d ever seen.
- Somehow the boys have created a game in which they are never allowed to step on any part of the floor that is wood or tile. This is a problem because most of our floors are wood or tile. The simple task of “run upstairs and grab your math book” now consists of jumping onto the rug, leaning heavily onto the couch, vaulting themselves into the air and hoping to reach the steps that are carpeted. I’ve about had enough of this game and will soon have to put my foot down and insist that the wood floor is not hot lava. After all, I should know. Even after several warnings that “Mom! You’re in the hot lava! You’re gonna get burned!” I have yet to feel even a bit of heat. And besides, how am I supposed to peel potatoes in the kitchen? Stand on the countertop?
- Remember how I mentioned that Monday night we were inviting Madge over, the woman who recently lost her husband? Our red headed friend was here too, and may I just say what a delightful evening we all had together? We enjoyed our chicken and noodles and Madge laughed at the boys jokes (even the ones that weren’t funny). Then she stayed and played Apples to Apples Jr. with us. She’d never played before…and somehow she pulled off the win! It was the most precious night and I loved it. This woman is a wonderful mentor to me.
- Sometimes the challenge of raising our boys into godly young men is so daunting to me and I feel incredibly overwhelmed. I’ve been feeling that lately. It’s good to feel this way I guess. It reminds me that I’m relying on God for help in this huge job.
- I need to go put butter on my hands.
- I am learning some new recipes from my friends and after I try them and like them, I’m gonna share them with you.
- I have three dirty towels hanging in the kitchen right now. No, four. Where are all the clean ones?
- Recently after I finished drinking all my milk, Malachi got excited and told me that now I was going to “grow up into a great big daddy!” Would you like to be the first to congratulate me?
- We’ve had temps in the 50’s and 60’s for several days now and we are all loving it! That never happens in the middle of a Nebraska winter. If I don’t watch myself, I may go outside and start planting lettuce.
So, what have you been up to? Do you have any clean towels hanging up in your kitchen? Were you aware that stepping on uncarpeted floors meant you were stepping in hot lava? Consider yourself warned.