Right now Christmas is on our minds. If you’re like me, a few days after all the Christmas fun calms down, I’ll start thinking about fresh beginnings and settling into a new year.
Cleaning and organizing always rank high on my list during the new year craze. But I also start thinking more about what my kids need. After all, they’ve just experienced presents, extra sugar, and lack of routine during Christmas break. Usually after Christmas I need to crack down and be a little more intentional in our conversations. I need to be more consistent in following through with consequences for disobedience.
Here’s something I highly recommend you looking into to get started with your kids when 2016 rolls around:
From their website:
I had the opportunity this week to look over the complete package of Character Badges. It has everything a parent needs to set up a consistent, intentional training system for their kids. It encourages good behavior (based on Biblical principles) and discourages disobedience and poor attitudes.
Based on my (18 years!!?!) parenting experience while looking over the kit, I would highly recommend this for ages 12 and under. Our youngest is almost 11 (though I might be in denial about this). The Character Badges package would have benefited our family a ton just a few years ago when my boys were all small. This perfectly fits our family’s intention to not only raise kids to “be good” but to have kind hearts and obedient spirits. What a great item for families who seek to train their kids well!
Some highlights I’d like to point out about Character Badges:
- This system is simple, yet thorough.
- It will take some time for the parent to read through the details of this system. I recommend taking the time. The instruction manual will help set you up for success. Once you’ve gotten used to the system, executing it will be easy.
- You can custom fit this system to meet your individual family’s needs. For that matter, you can tailor fit it to each individual child.
- The quality of these materials is top notch. Everything is well made and will hold up well.
- Each character building goal has a Bible example to go with it. That’s my favorite part!
Character Badges is giving away a Character Badges Complete Set (worth $47.99) to one of you who leaves a comment on this post!
I’ll draw one random winner on Monday, December 21. Be watching for a post stating the winner as you will be responsible for contacting me if your name is chosen!
Character Badges is also offering us all a 10% discount on any order!
Use the code HH10 to receive the discount. This offer is good through December 31, 2015.
Be sure to leave a comment for a chance to win this giveaway!