Did you like the Strawberry Creamsicle recipe I shared? How about an Orange Creamsicle recipe to add some variety? For that matter, you can sub just about any fruit you like to make creamsicles. Such a refreshing treat!
It’s worth your small investment to get a box of small 3-ounce cups and a package of popsicle sticks. These truly are so easy to make and everyone at my house loves them!
Make them with a little maple syrup, or with stevia if your family likes it. (Stevia is an herb that is naturally sweet – not artificial, not a sugar – perfect! However, if you use too much, it can have a bitter aftertaste. You have to get used to how much to use to make it sweet enough without overusing it!)
Orange Creamsicle Recipe
- 2 cups whole milk
- ½ cup orange juice concentrate
- 1 Tablespoon real maple syrup (or about 10 drops liquid stevia)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Blend all ingredients in a food processor or blender until smooth and creamy.
- Pour mixture into popsicle molds or 3-ounce cups.
- If using 3-ounce cups, place a popsicle stick into the middle of each after these have been in the freezer for about 30 minutes.
- Freeze for about 2 hours before serving. Makes about 12 small creamsicles.
Use a mixture of berries (like raspberries, blueberries, and strawberries) for these. Use different varieties of 100% juice – any of your favorites. Use whipping cream instead of milk to make them even more rich and creamy. Make them in popsicle molds instead of with cups and popsicle sticks.
What else can you think of to make these delicious?