What is it with me and frozen meat? Can I not get my act together and actually thaw the meat before cooking it? No, I cannot. I’ve come to terms with it. My chicken has come to terms with it. Gratefully, my Instant Pot has agreed to my terms. And that, my friends, is why we can cook a Frozen Whole Chicken in the Instant Pot in one hour or less! How incredible is it that we can take a frozen solid chicken from the freezer and have a great dinner an hour later!
I’ve been wanting to try this ever since I invested in an Instant Pot. A year and a half later, I finally gave it a go (no time like the present).
I love that my Instant Pot allows me to cook almost every variety of frozen meat! I cook several pounds of frozen hamburger meat in it (in just 30 minutes!). I cook frozen boneless chicken thighs in it. I even cook frozen beef roast in it. Now, introducing How to Cook a Frozen Whole Chicken in the Instant Pot!
How to Cook a Frozen Whole Chicken in the Instant Pot
- 3-5 pound whole chicken
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Sea salt
- Parsley Flakes
- Garlic Powder
- Set trivet in the bottom of the Instant Pot.
- Pour 1 cup broth into the bottom.
- Set Chicken on the trivet.
- Sprinkle with your desired amount of herbs and spices.
- Seal and cook at hi pressure for 10-minutes PER POUND of chicken. (i.e. 3 pound chicken=30 minutes)
- Allow pressure to release naturally.