If we can bake Quick Bread in a Jar we can certainly bake Mini Crustless Quiche in jars. Check this out!
Surely your first question is: “If I bake quiches in jars, then pack them in a lunch, won’t they taste weird since they are cold?”
You would think so. But these quiches actually taste good cold. Or, if you have the ability to rewarm them, that’s great too. <— Laura states the obvious.
Just like so many Lunch in a Jar ideas we are sharing this month, these Mini Crustless Quiches can be made to order. Add or exclude whatever your family likes. It’s super easy to line up several jars and fill them using an “assembly line” method.
If you have cooked meat, put some in each jar per people’s preferences. If the kids won’t scream too loud about it, add some fresh spinach. Crack in 1-2 eggs per 8-ounce jar (1 if you have a lot of add-ins, 2 if you are more focused on eggs than meat/veggies/cheese). Add in any goodies you like: onions, sweet peppers, shredded cheese, cooked sausage, cooked bacon, chopped ham, leftover chicken – the options are only limited to your preferences and what you have on hand!
I recommend 8-ounce wide mouth jars for each Mini Crustless Quiche as they are easier to clean afterward. But truly, any 8-ounce jar will work!
Lunch in a Jar: Mini Crustless Quiche
- 1-2 eggs per 8-ounce jar
- 1 Tablespoon heavy whipping cream or milk per jar (optional)
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Add in options:
- Cooked Sausage Crumbles
- Cooked Bacon Bits
- Chopped Ham
- Shredded Cheese
- Chopped Onion
- Chopped Sweet Pepper
- Torn Spinach Leaves
- Leftover Cooked Chicken
- Your choice!
- Crack 1-2 eggs into each 8 ounce jar.
- Add cream or milk, salt and pepper, plus any add-ins you like.
- Use a fork to scramble the contents together in the jar.
- Place jars on a cookie sheet.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes in a 350 oven until contents in each jar have puffed up and cooked until the middles no longer "jiggle."
Even my pickiest kid loves these – even with the spinach!! Score!
What are your additional suggestions for Add-Ins for these Mini Crustless Quiches?
Great additions to your Mini Crustless Quiche Lunch in a Jar Idea
Consider adding any of the following to your lunch box along with your Mini Crustless Quiche
- Quick Bread in a Jar
- Veggies With Dip in a Jar
- Apples & Peanut Butter in a Jar (or other fruit and dips)
- Flourless Brownie Muffin
- Fresh cantaloupe, watermelon, berries, or pineapple
- A jar of your favorite smoothie
- A Cheesecake Muffin
We’ve got 10 super fun Lunch in a Jar ideas to share this month – perfect for your Back to School lunchbox! Subscribe here so you won’t miss a post!