There is so much holiday goodness in this post!! These Homemade Healthy Peppermint Patties are making Christmas magical at my house. The fact that not one but three of you can win 5-pounds of incredible, high quality chocolate makes me even happier!
What’s fabulous about these Peppermint Patties is that they act like a treat, but your body will appreciate them as nourishment. Ah, such a win-win. The peppermint truly fills your mouth with Christmas. Oh, and the chocolate. Well, the combination is basic perfection.
Let’s pause a moment to talk about the chocolate in this recipe. You can use any unsweetened cocoa powder you like. But the higher the quality, the better these will taste.
Olive Nation is one of my favorite online resources. I’ve bought my vanilla beans there for years! They recently sent me a huge box of a variety of cocoa powders to work with, and now I am spoiled rotten. Just when I thought chocolate couldn’t get any better, it got even better. These cocoa powders are super fine, super rich, and super flavorful. Not all chocolate is created equal. These cocoa powders rise above the rest. The stuff in a can at the store DOES NOT compare. Just look through all the varieties they offer!
Their prices are super reasonable for the quality. (Plus when you use the code home they give HeavenlyHomemakers readers a 20% discount, so that seals the deal!) Go grab your cocoa, and sign up to win some below too!
And now for the recipe. Stay tuned for the giveaway…
Healthy Peppermint Patties
- 1 cup coconut oil, divided
- 20 drops liquid stevia
- ¼ teaspoon peppermint extract
- 2 heaping Tablespoons cocoa powder
- 3 teaspoons honey (give or take)
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- In a small saucepan, melt ½ cup coconut oil.
- Remove from heat and add stevia and peppermint extract.
- Pour mixture into 12 muffin cups.
- Place in the freezer for about 20 minutes or until this peppermint layer has hardened.
- Meanwhile, melt remaining ½ cup coconut oil in the saucepan with cocoa powder, butter, and honey.
- Allow the mixture to cool while waiting for the peppermint layer to freeze.
- Pour the chocolate mixture over the peppermint layer and freeze for 20 or more minutes until the patties have hardened.
- Store Peppermint Patties in the refrigerator.
Don’t let the word “healthy” in this title scare you into thinking that these won’t taste like a treat. And don’t let the stevia in this recipe scare you away either. In my experience, the honey in the chocolate layer overrides anything bitter from the stevia.
Ready to win some chocolate?!
Olive Nation is giving THREE of you this amazing cocoa package:
- 1 Pound Amber Natural 22/24 Fat Cocoa Powder
- 1 Pound Aristocrat Dutch 22/24 Fat Cocoa Powder
- 1 Pound Natural Cocoa Powder by Blommer
- 1 Pound Bommer Jet Black Cocoa Powder
- 1 Pound Olive Nation Cocoa Powder