Now that I have discovered how to make this Stick of Butter Rice, I will never go back to making it “the regular way.” Wow, wow, and then some. It’s because of the butter, of course. Wait until you try this!
Some people be like, “Go easy on this rice because it’s so high in fat because of the butter!” But Laura be like, “What a great and delicious way to add good fat to a whole grain carb dish!”
I’m not a huge fan of empty carbs, which turn to sugar in our bodies, which offer little if any nourishment, and therefore can turn to fat in our bodies as they try to serve some sort of purpose for us. So if there’s any reason to go easy on this rice, it is because our bodies don’t need loads of carbohydrates or grains for nourishment (unless we are avid athletes with rigorous daily workouts).
As for me? I enjoy this wonderfully flavored, high fat rice in small quantities with a large side of veggies and a delightful portion of meat.
The flavor of this rice, though!!! Wow, you must try it. Between the broth, the onion, and the butter (the obvious MVP of this dish), I think you’ll be like me and decide to never go back to making plain rice again!
See how simple this Stick of Butter Rice is?
Measure uncooked rice and minced onion into a baking dish. Cut butter into pats and add to rice.
Add salt and chicken broth and stir.
Cover and bake in a 350 degree oven for one hour. Your job here is done.
We love serving some sort of shredded meat with this rice, such as:
- Hawaiian Crock Pot Chicken
- Simple Overnight Saucy Crock Pot Chicken
- Simple Overnight Melt-in-Your-Mouth Beef Roast
- Simple Barbecue Beef Roast
- Simple Hawaiian Beef Roast
- Simple Crock Pot Salsa Shredded Beef
Those are our favorites, though this Stick of Butter Rice makes a great side dish with just about any meal!
Enjoy the simplicity of this wonderful dish! Once you try it you’ll never go back!
Stick of Butter Rice
- 2 cups brown rice (uncooked)
- 4 cups beef or chicken broth
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 Tablespoons dry minced onions
- 1 stick of butter (1/2 cup)
- Measure rice, broth, salt, and onions into a 9x13 inch baking dish and stir.
- Cut a stick of butter into 8ish "pats" and spread over the dish.
- Cover dish and bake in a 350 degree oven for 1 hour.
Become a Simple Meals member! Every week we’ll send you a great menu plan full of Simple Recipes like this one. We’ll equip you with a grocery list. We’ll break everything down so that your meal prep is as simple as possible. We’ll give you bonus tips and recipes and freebies. And this is all for just $1 each week. You’ll love it!