So that I can keep stress down over the weekends while I’m trying to keep up with (and enjoy) my kids’ activities and our church activities – I decided to give myself an extra day to create and share my weekly menu plans. From now on, instead of posting them on Saturday nights, I’ll wait and post them Sunday nights. Ahh, such a simple change, but one that helps me breathe on the weekends. I like breathing. Breathing is nice.
Last week our crock pot got quite a work out because we had soccer practices or games almost every evening. Man, I love the crock pot. What a time saver! I plan to use it quite a bit during the next few weeks. Between soccer season, a speaking engagement I have early May, and then Asa’s graduation – I won’t have much extra time for silly little things like cooking and feeding my family. The crock pot is going to have to do the work for me. It’s either that, or McDonald’s. That’s not even a funny joke.
This week we’ll be enjoying the surprises we received in our Bountiful Basket order. It’s always fun to see what comes with each order! I also ordered two packs of whole wheat pizza crusts. Don’t I usually make my own pizza crusts? Aren’t homemade pizza crusts healthier and less expensive? Yes and yes. But need I remind you of the aforementioned soccer/speaking/graduation? I am very excited about my purchased (and still inexpensive and quite healthy) pizza crusts.
The boys chuckled when they saw the miniature watermelon that came in our order. They are all such big eaters, so they were like, “Oh look. It’s one bite of watermelon for each of us.” Those poor little deprived boys of mine.
And now, our menu – which is a lovely mixture of crock pot meals and meals one of us can quickly throw on the grill. It’s real food made easy, this menu. Don’t make me start preaching that sermon again. You know it’s possible. ;)
Breakfast (I’m going to try baking our breakfast foods the night before if possible, and/or doubling some recipes to throw into the freezer for graduation week)
- Instant Oatmeal Packets (I’ll skip the packaging and just pour it all into a jar)
- Ham and Egg Breakfast Bowls
- Giant Breakfast Cookies
- Chocolate Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Peanut Butter Breakfast Cake
- Scrambled Cheesy Eggs
- Baked Potatoes in the Crock Pot
- Easy Cheesy Bean Dip (I have some in the freezer to pull out and serve. Yes, I’ll thaw and bake it first.)
- Hamburger Cream Cheese Dip (a crock pot meal)
- Chef Salad (everyone fix your own)
- Homemade Pizza (with my happily purchased crusts)
- Sandwiches at soccer games
- Crock Pot Barbecue Chicken Breasts
- Italian Cream Cheese Chicken (a crock pot meal)
- Salsa Burgers on the grill (new recipe I’m working on for an upcoming ePacket)
- Italian Roast (takes 30 seconds to make)
- Taco Salad
Fruit and Veggie Side Dishes (I serve 1-4 with each meal)
- Homemade Dill Pickles
- Sweet Peppers
- Mixed Greens
- Green Beans
- Pineapple Mango Smoothies
Hey, don’t forget that today is the last day you can purchase our 227 Healthy Snacks eBook for just $5.00!
227 Healthy Snacks eBook
Care to share some easy food you throw in the crock pot or on the grill?