I stood in my beloved kitchen last Thursday looking around, trying to get reacquainted with this “long, lost friend” after being away for almost three weeks. There was plenty of food in my pantry and freezers…but it seemed there was nothing to eat. Ever felt that way?
There are plenty of ingredients to be found, but unless my family is willing to chew on some grains of wheat with a side of coconut flakes for dinner this week…I’m going to need to get busy.
I’ve had a hard time deciding whether to spend several hours cooking…or several hours (days?) wading through all the emails I have now become so much more behind on after being “on Christmas vacation“.
Slowly but surely, I’ve been doing both. That’s why there may be a little bit of coconut oil or ketchup on your emails when I finally get back to you to answer your questions. Here’s a napkin just in case you need it.
After this week, I’m hoping my kitchen will be re-organized and functional again. The Christmas dishes will be put away until next year, the fridge will get a good scrubbing…and I’m gonna cook and bake and fill my fridge and freezer with some healthy convenience once again!
Here’s a list of what I have in mind to make. I’ll share the results of what I actually accomplish later in the week.
- Mini Apple Pies
- Whole Wheat Hamburger Buns
- Honey Whole Wheat Bread (x2)
- Sloppy Joes (x3)
- Corn Dog Muffins
- Homemade Peanut Butter
- Ranch Dressing
- Healthier Rice Crispy Treats
- Cream Cheese Apple Dip
I created the following video of my kitchen and pantry and posted it for you to see a couple of years ago…but I thought you might be interested in me posting it again for several reasons:
- Some of you are new here and probably haven’t seen my kitchen. I’d love for you to “visit” the kitchen I spend so much time in!
- Malachi popped in a time or two while I was recording and he makes the kitchen so much cuter. Ah, he was so little then…
- My kitchen was really, really clean when I shot this video. It’s not nearly that clean right now. I really need to get busy. If I show you this video, maybe I’ll be motivated to get the kitchen that clean again.
- Feel like telling me something fun about your kitchen?