This week will be a mixture of working double-time and taking time off, if that even makes sense. I want to “go to the trouble” to make some of our favorites since we’re on Thanksgiving break this week and not traveling. But I also want to have brainless meals so that I can relax while we have game days and movie nights. It’s the best of both worlds!
Just for fun, I thought it would be fun to share some of what we’re eating this week. As I’ve already shared, we’ll be feasting on Thanksgiving day with all the traditional food. Here’s a breakdown of my plans for that day.
The rest of the week, here’s some of the food we’re planning to eat:
- Soft Pretzels (I promised Asa I’d make these while he was home.)
- Stir-n-Pour Bread (Having this on hand is super convenient!)
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins (Perfect for a simple breakfast that smells like the holidays.)
- Quick Mix Pancakes (Because we all love these.)
- Creamy Chicken and Rice Casserole (We actually already devoured a huge pan of this.)
- Chili (Easy and perfect for this time of year.)
- Hamburgers and Homemade Fries and Sweet Potato Fries (No explanation needed. We all love this meal.)
- Triple batch of Real Food “Velveeta” and Rotel Dip (I already made this up so we can pull it out for quick meals of Nachos and Spicy Mac and Cheese.)
- Take and Bake Pizzas (Mom’s night off!)
I’ve got a fridge full of fruits and veggies to go with our meals:
- Green beans
- Mixed greens and fresh spinach
- Red Pears
We’ll also be enjoying Hot Cocoa, Coffee, and Homemade Apple Cider (recipe on the way!). What is it about sipping hot drinks this time of year? They taste good all the time, but they are extra good during the holiday season!
Need some Chocolate Whipped Cream for your coffee??