Just when you thought cookie baking couldn’t get any easier, these Simple Oatmeal Cookies came along and rocked your world.
Have you tried making the Simple Butter Cookie recipe I shared a few weeks ago? If so, you’ll realize that these Simple Oatmeal Cookies look a bit familiar.
Here’s the thing about Simple Recipes: They all use similar, simple ingredients. Mix and match a few of the most basic, real food ingredients and you’ve got yourself a vast array of delicious meals and snacks to enjoy. (Download a free Simple Ingredients list here. We love this list!)
Real food cooking truly isn’t difficult! This new cookie recipe I’m sharing with you includes only 5 ingredients. So simple!
Did you get your High Five Recipes eBook yet? 111 Recipes all with 5 or fewer ingredients. It’s a must have!
Spoiler: All I did to create this cookie recipe was add oats to the Simple Butter Cookies. It’s too easy. And super delicious.
Simple Oatmeal Cookies
- 1½ cups melted butter
- ⅓-1/2 cup sugar (raw, white, brown, or sucanat)
- 1 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1½ cups whole rolled oats
- 3 cups whole wheat flour (I use freshly ground soft white wheat)
- Cream butter and sugar together in a bowl.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Mix in flour and oats until well combined.
- Scoop Tablespoon-sized balls of dough onto cookie sheets.
- Press the dough down with your fingers or a fork.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 8-12 minutes or until cookies are golden brown.
So what’s the difference in this recipe compared to the Best Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe I shared a couple weeks ago? You mean besides the chocolate chips?
Well, this recipe is much lower in sugar. This one is great for a snack or on-the-go breakfast, whereas the Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies are definitely a dessert. I make this Simple Oatmeal Cookie recipe as a low sugar treat for myself and my family. I make the Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies to serve guests.
Making your real food kitchen simpler, one recipe at a time. :)