Everybody come get yourselves some Sweet and Sour Baked Chicken Legs.
A meal like this is one of my favorite to prepare. It goes something like this:
- Plop some chicken in a dish.
- Mix up 5 ingredients to spread over chicken.
- Put the chicken in the oven and walk away.
- Just before dinnertime, throw frozen veggies in a pot to steam.
- Get out salad stuff.
- Ring the cow bell.
If you don’t have a cow bell, I guess you can still make this chicken.
Ringing the cow bell (to alert the men in the field that dinner was ready) was one of my favorite things to do at Grandma’s house. I’ve decided that I need one for my house. My men aren’t out in the field, but they are often wearing headphones. Perhaps they could hear a cow bell better than they hear my sweet (but wimpy) voice calling them for dinner?
Either way, check out how easy this new recipe is:
Simple Sweet and Sour Baked Chicken Legs
- 3 pounds chicken legs (other pieces work fine too but may require more baking time)
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ½ cup ketchup
- 3 cloves garlic
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Lay chicken legs in a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Mix honey, soy sauce, ketchup, and garlic in a small saucepan. Heat briefly to melt honey and to make sure ingredients are well combined.
- Spread mixture over chicken legs.
- Cover and bake in a 350 degree oven for 45 minutes. Turn chicken over in the sauce, cover, and cook for 15 minutes more.
Be sure the soy sauce is gluten free if this is a need for you!
You will love this simple main dish!
Don’t miss our other Simple Recipe ideas shared here so far:
- Simple Baked Salmon and Asparagus
- Simple Crock Pot Chicken Soup with a Kick
- Simple Skillet Taco Pasta