See how orange my broth is? That’s because I always cook a lot of carrots and other veggies with my chicken or beef bones when I make broth. Then I blend up the mushy, cooked veggies and stir them back into the broth. I’m telling you, this tip makes our broth super delicious and obviously very packed with nutrients!!
Here are the links which share how I make broth:
I store my broth in 1/2 gallon jars in my fridge to pull out and use as needed. Usually when I make soup, I add more veggies so we’re getting veggies upon veggies and our soups are very nourishing!
This particular Simple Noodle Soup recipe I’m sharing today can really be made according to your family’s preferences. I simply cook sliced carrots and whole wheat noodles in the broth, salt it liberally, and call it a meal. If I serve it with salad then we’re getting even more nutrients and if I throw some fruit on the table we’re golden.
The best part is that this soup is comforting, warm, tasty, and quick to put on the table. It costs very little to make, especially if you’ve kept chicken bones from past meals like these Simple Lemon Garlic Chicken Legs.
Simple Noodle Soup
- 4 cups of your favorite broth
- 2-3 carrots
- 1½ cups of your favorite whole grain pasta, any shape or variety
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Additional veggies your family likes in soup
- Pour broth into a large cooking pot.
- Slice carrots (and other veggies if you like) and add to the pot.
- Bring broth and carrots to a boil.
- Add pasta, salt, and pepper.
- Cook until pasta is tender, about 8 minutes.
There’s no meat in this soup, but if you’ve got some leftover chicken hanging around, feel free to stir it in for extra nourishment and protein!
Want even more Simple Recipes?
- Simple Baked Salmon and Asparagus
- Simple Crock Pot Chicken Soup with a Kick
- Simple Skillet Taco Pasta
- Last-Minute Lentil Chili
- Simple Sweet and Sour Baked Chicken Legs
- 20-Minute Taco Soup
- Simple Cheesy Baked Chicken
- Simple Creamy Chicken Stew in the Crock Pot
- Simple Italian Beef and Broccoli Skillet
- Simple Bacon Ranch Chicken
- Simple Hawaiian Crock Pot Chicken
- Simple Taco Rice Dinner
- Simple Last Minute Nacho Plate
- Simple Chicken Cheeseballs with a Kick
- Simple Beanie Weanies
- Simple Crock Pot BBQ Spareribs
- Simple Pizza Chicken Bake
- Simple Italian Chicken and Green Bean Bake
- Last Minute Creamy Bacon Spaghetti
- Simple Hamburger Soup
- Simple Parmesan Broiled Fish
- Simple Overnight Saucy Crock Pot Chicken
- Simple 15-Minute Meal
- Simple Overnight Melt-in-Your-Mouth Beef Roast
- Simple 3-Cheese Crock Pot Pasta
- Simple Oven Fried Chicken
- Simple Honey Mustard Chicken Legs
- The Easiest Mashed Potatoes in the World
- Simple Garlic Butter Shrimp
- Simple Crunchy Ranch Chicken Strips
- Simple Crock Pot Shredded Ranch Chicken (for salad or tacos)
- Simple Crock Pot Pizza Casserole
- Simple Barbecue Beef Roast
- Simple Spanish Rice Bowls
- Simple Roasted Rotiserie Chicken
- Simple Green Chile Chicken
- Simple Tex-Mex Creamy Chicken
- Simple Waffle Omelets
- Simple Crock Pot Taco Pasta
- Simple Grilled Chicken
- Simple Hawaiian Beef Roast
- Simple Crock Pot Creamy Stew Meat
- Simple Cheese Stuffed Burgers
- Simple Hashbrown Casserole (For Instant Pot, Crock Pot or Oven!)
- Simple Lasagna Casserole (For Instant Pot or Crock Pot)
- Simple Chili Mac
- Simple Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole
- From Burrito Bar to Casserole (a 5-Minute Meal!)
- Simple Bacon Cheeseburger Roll
- Simple Garlic Parmesan Chicken Legs
- Super Simple Lasagna
- The Simplest White Chicken Chili
- Simple Lentil Nachos
- Simple Tuna Patties
- Simple Banana Pancakes
- Simple Crock Pot Applesauce BBQ Chicken
- Simple Hashbrown and Egg Nests
- Simple Cornbread Waffles with Chili
- Simple Veggie Fritters
- Simple Lemon Garlic Chicken Legs
Enjoy all these recipes without effort when you become a Simple Meals member! Every week we’ll send you a great menu plan full of Simple Recipes like this one. We’ll equip you with a grocery list. We’ll break everything down so that your meal prep is as simple as possible. We’ll give you bonus tips and recipes and freebies. And this is all for just $1 each week. You’ll love it!