Just when you thought life couldn’t get any better, you learn that you get to eat Chocolate Frozen Yogurt for breakfast.
Why wouldn’t you be able to eat this for breakfast? Have you eaten regular yogurt for breakfast? Of course. So this is the frozen variety. It’s just as nourishing and just as delicious.
But it looks like dessert! And it feels so wrong to eat something like this for breakfast!
Then let me ask you this: Have you ever eaten a Cinnamon Roll for breakfast? A Poptart? A Donut? A bowl of Captain Crunch?
I rest my case.
Eat this Chocolate Frozen Yogurt and you’re in for a much healthier start compared to what most American “breakfast foods” offer. It’s perfect on a hot summer day!
I love that this can be made dairy free (with coconut milk and coconut yogurt) if that is a need you have. You can run this through your Ice Cream Maker if you like. I tend to make it the “lazy way” which I admit isn’t quite as creamy, but still very delicious!
Simple Chocolate Frozen Yogurt
- 32-ounces (4 cups) plain yogurt
- ½ cup milk (regular or coconut)
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 30 drops liquid stevia OR 4 Tablespoons real maple syrup (or a mixture of both)
- Blend ingredients together until smooth.
- Spread mixture into an 8x8 inch dish.
- Cover and freeze for one hour.
- Scoop out Chocolate "Fro-Yo" and enjoy!
Feel free to switch out the cocoa powder for blended fresh fruit to make different varieties of Simple Frozen Yogurt.
Want more great recipes that include only five or fewer real food ingredients? You’ll love this High Five Recipes eBook!
Want more No-Churn Ice Cream recipes?
- Low Sugar No-Churn Chocolate Ice Cream
- Low Sugar No-Churn Vanilla Ice Cream
- Low Sugar No-Churn Strawberry Ice Cream
Want more Chocolate Recipes?
We’ve got an entire post filled with 36 of them, coming right up! Be sure to subscribe so you won’t miss all the fun!