Today I must begin by apologizing to all the chicken legs. I have underestimated how amazing these gems could taste. I truly had no idea these humble pieces could possibly be so spectacular. Now that I’ve discovered this Simple Baked Garlic Parmesan Chicken Legs recipe, the leg of a chicken will forever rise to the top of my meat choices. Move over Prime Rib. The Chicken Leg is where it’s at.
See, we all know that Prime Rib is delicious because its price tag tells us so. But Chicken Legs? They are so budget friendly. In fact, I watch for mark-downs and get them for less than a buck per pound. Incredible! So obviously I almost always leave behind the rib and go for the leg. There is no other way.
But now we will all learn that this very inexpensive meat selection has turned out to be one of the most delicious items on the menu. Perhaps it is the garlic and the Parmesan we use in this recipe. It likely has something to do with the butter, because obviously, chicken and all of life is better with butter.
Mix all these wonders together and pour them over the infamous chicken leg, and you may just pass out on your plate at first taste. You have been warned. I am not responsible for your medical bills if you fail to brace yourself for this. I have done my part by providing your joy in the form of a leg of a chicken slathered in the most delicious sauce you’ve ever eaten.
Simple Baked Garlic Parmesan Chicken Legs
- 2 pounds chicken legs
- 4 Tablespoons butter
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- 4 cloves minced garlic (or 1 heaping Tablespoon garlic powder)
- 2 Tablespoons flour or cornstarch
- 1 cup chicken broth or water
- ⅓ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- Place chicken legs in a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- In a large skillet, saute garlic in the butter for 2 minutes at medium heat.
- Whisk in the flour or cornstarch.
- Add chicken broth, continuing to whisk until mixture thickens and is smooth.
- Continue to whisk while pouring in cream and sprinkling in cheese.
- Allow the sauce to thicken for 1-2 minutes, stirring continually.
- Remove sauce from heat and pour it over the chicken legs.
- Bake in a 375 degree oven for 45 minutes.
More Simple Recipes
- Simple Baked Salmon and Asparagus
- Simple Crock Pot Chicken Soup with a Kick
- Simple Skillet Taco Pasta
- Last-Minute Lentil Chili
- Simple Sweet and Sour Baked Chicken Legs
- 20-Minute Taco Soup
- Simple Cheesy Baked Chicken
- Simple Creamy Chicken Stew in the Crock Pot
- Simple Italian Beef and Broccoli Skillet
- Simple Bacon Ranch Chicken
- Simple Hawaiian Crock Pot Chicken
- Simple Taco Rice Dinner
- Simple Last Minute Nacho Plate
- Simple Chicken Cheeseballs with a Kick
- Simple Beanie Weanies
- Simple Crock Pot BBQ Spareribs
- Simple Pizza Chicken Bake
- Simple Italian Chicken and Green Bean Bake
- Last Minute Creamy Bacon Spaghetti
- Simple Hamburger Soup
- Simple Parmesan Broiled Fish
- Simple Overnight Saucy Crock Pot Chicken
- Simple 15-Minute Meal
- Simple Overnight Melt-in-Your-Mouth Beef Roast
- Simple 3-Cheese Crock Pot Pasta
- Simple Oven Fried Chicken
- Simple Honey Mustard Chicken Legs
- The Easiest Mashed Potatoes in the World
- Simple Garlic Butter Shrimp
- Simple Crunchy Ranch Chicken Strips
- Simple Crock Pot Shredded Ranch Chicken (for salad or tacos)
- Simple Crock Pot Pizza Casserole
- Simple Barbecue Beef Roast
- Simple Spanish Rice Bowls
- Simple Roasted Rotiserie Chicken
- Simple Green Chile Chicken
- Simple Tex-Mex Creamy Chicken
- Simple Waffle Omelets
- Simple Crock Pot Taco Pasta
- Simple Grilled Chicken
- Simple Hawaiian Beef Roast
- Simple Crock Pot Creamy Stew Meat
- Simple Cheese Stuffed Burgers
- Simple Hashbrown Casserole (For Instant Pot, Crock Pot or Oven!)
- Simple Lasagna Casserole (For Instant Pot or Crock Pot)
- Simple Chili Mac
- Simple Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole
- From Burrito Bar to Casserole (a 5-Minute Meal!)
- Simple Bacon Cheeseburger Roll
Join Simple Meals
Make life even simpler when you sign up to receive our weekly Menu Planning Packets. One tiny price, loads of weekly help. Read about this and sign up here!
Psssst! Remember that right now, Simple Meals members get this Getting Ahead for the Holidays resource packet for FREE in this week’s regular email! Want a coupon to save even more? See below!
Bonus: Now through November 15, get $10 off your first year’s subscription! No coupon code needed. Simply click through to order and the $10 discount will be automatically applied! Offer expires Wednesday, November 15.