This kitchen hack is going to make your day. This is your busy morning, picky people, grab it and go breakfast or snack hack. Allow me to introduce you to Muffin Waffles!
Is it a waffle. Nope, it’s a muffin. Ain’t that somethin?
Indeed. I think my waffle iron is going to find a permanent place on my counter-top beside my coffee pot what with the frequency I’ve been using it lately.
First I tried these Waffle Omelets. Then I made Egg and Cheese Hashbrown Waffles. Now we’re using the waffle iron to make Muffins? Yep! Someday soon we might actually use it make regular ol’ waffles too. Won’t that be a treat?
Why make muffins in a waffle iron? To avoid heating up the oven on a hot day! Also, you can make each Muffin Waffle special and to each person’s preferences.
To make Muffin Waffles, you can use any muffin recipe that is your favorite. Allow me to start you off with a huge list of our favorites
- Almond Flour Muffins (gluten free/dairy free)
- Bacon Cheese Muffins
- Banana Muffins
- Blueberry Streusel Muffins
- Breakfast Cake Muffins
- Chocolate Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Chocolate Swirl Muffins
- Chocolate Zucchini Muffins
- Coconut Flour Muffins (gluten free/dairy free)
- Coconut Flour Banana Muffins (gluten free/dairy free)
- Cornbread and Cornbread Muffins
- Cream Cheese Pumpkin Muffins
- Eggnog Muffins
- Honey Cinnamon Muffins
- Orange Muffins
- Pancake and Sausage Muffins
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Snickerdoodle Muffins
- Strawberry Cream Muffins
- Sweet Potato Streusel Muffins
- Vanilla Muffins with Cinnamon Crumb Topping
- Whole Wheat and Honey Zucchini Muffins
Want an even better idea? Mix up a batch of the Basic Muffin Batter I am about to share with you. Then as you make individual Muffin Waffles for your family members or guests, sprinkle in their choice of berries, chocolate chips, or other add-ins!
Basic Muffin Batter
- 3 cups whole grain flour (I use freshly ground soft white wheat)
- ⅓-1/2 cup sucanat or brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 eggs
- 1½ cups milk
- ½ cup melted coconut oil or butter
- Your favorite add-ins like chopped berries or chocolate chips
- Mix together dry ingredients
- Whisk in eggs, milk, and oil until barely combined.
- For Muffins: Scoop mixture into 18-24 prepared muffin cups. Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.
- For Muffin Waffles: Scoop ⅓ cup of batter into a hot waffle iron. Sprinkle on the add-in of choice. Cook for 3-4 minutes. Spread butter on the hot Muffin Waffle and serve!
There are more waffle iron ideas where this came from, so prepare yourself for the fun. I’d love to hear your suggestions for good add-ins to the Basic Muffin Batter!
Pray, Trust, Coffee, Repeat.
Get your copy of The Prayer Mugs!