I’ve long been fascinated that it is possible to bake quick bread in jars. I finally took a little time to learn the tricks!
Whether we like it or not, it’s time to think about getting back into a school routine. For all who need to pack a lunch (and even for all who don’t!), we’re excited about our new Lunch in a Jar series!
We’ve got 10 super fun Lunch in a Jar ideas to share this month – perfect for your Back to School lunchbox! Subscribe here so you won’t miss a post!
I love the idea of making a batch of Quick Bread in Jars, then grabbing them out of the fridge as needed to pack in lunches!
Why bake Quick Bread recipes in jars and not simply bake muffins to pack in lunches? Simple! Jars keep the breads/muffins from becoming smashed. It’s genius really. Bake them, stash them, grab them, pack them. It’s super fun!
How to Bake Quick Bread in Jars
- 1 batch of your favorite quick bread (see recipes below!)
- Mix up a batch of Quick Bread as directed.
- Scoop batter into six buttered 8-ounce jars (do not fill jars over half full).
- Place prepared jars on a cookie sheet.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Place a lid/ring on the jar immediately after removing the bread jars from the oven so they will seal. (This step isn't entirely necessary if you are storing the bread in the fridge. But sealing will allow the bread to keep for an extra week inside the fridge.)
- Allow bread jars to cool completely before transferring them to the refrigerator.
Here are 10 of our favorite Quick Bread/Muffin recipes!
- Applesauce Bread
- Chocolate Chocolate Chip Bread
- Lemon Bread
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Bread
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread
- Strawberry Bread
- Zucchini Carrot Bread
- Whole Wheat and Honey Zucchini Bread
- Banana Bread
- Chocolate Zucchini Bread
Stay tuned for an entire month of Lunch in a Jar ideas!!!