Oh, this is SO exciting.
Now…another way to help! Crystal (Money Saving Mom) has issued a challenge of sorts. I decided to join in to help raise a little bit more money for families in Haiti.
Here’s where you come in. Figure out something you can do to help the hurting people of Haiti. Anything.
- Can you give up coffee or soda or another special treat for a month…then donate the money you would have spent on that treat to people in Haiti?
- Can you put off buying that special splurge item and send some money to Haiti instead?
- Can you save a few dollars in groceries this month by eating from your pantry and freezer stockpile? It may not be as exciting, but the money you save could go toward people who need food and water in Haiti.
- Can you sell a few items you don’t need anymore and send the money to Haiti?
- Can you gather your children into the room, show them Haiti on the map, talk about the situation and pray together?
Prayerfully consider what you and your family can do. It may not be much. It may be a lot.
I dare say…any little thing you can do IS a lot.
And if you don’t have any extra money right now and “all you can do is pray”…oh please, please pray. What a wonderful gift you’ll be giving these families.
Blog about what you’ve already done, what you are in the process of doing or what you plan to do to help. Then come link up here on this post.
For everyone who links up…I’ll donate $.50 to Compassion International for the children in Haiti. (If there are 100 links…that’s $50!!)
Beyond that, for every single comment left on this blog post…I’ll donate an additional $.25.
It doesn’t really sound like much. It actually sounds like a rather pitiful amount. Oh, but if you all get busy blogging and leaving comments…it could really add up!
I hope you blow my socks off! I hope so many of you link up and leave comments that I have to raid my kids’ wallets eat beans and rice for a month!
No really…thanks to all the canning and preserving and stocking up I’ve done…we’re good around here on food for a long while. It’s absolutely humbling. THAT is the very reason I want to do this. Parents in Haiti are struggling to even find a bit of fresh water for their babies. And I’m sitting here with a freezer full of strawberries (and oh so much more).
Start praying, writing, linking and commenting!
OH, and visit Crystal’s site and link up there too! She and her husband are donating $10 for each link!!!!! Wonderful!