It has been placed on my heart to write a series about how we can each be a better help meet to our husbands.
You can be assured that as I felt God urging me to write it…I tried very hard to argue with Him (which we all know is always so very effective).
My arguments included:
- Don’t I need to be some super-wife to write a series like that?
- Don’t I need to wait until my husband and I have been married for like 147 years or so before I write something like that?
- Don’t I need to have a special degree in marriage and family and blissful marital bondedness?
- Don’t I need to wait until I’ve learned to always be gracious and sweet and loving and patient and I don’t know…nearly perfect…to write a series like that?
- And what about that one very specific thing that God created only for married people to do? You know what I’m talking about? Mmhmm…that. I’ve never mentioned that on my blog. How am I supposed to talk about that? If I do this series, I’ll have to address that a time or two since that is a pretty important part of marriage and being a help meet.
After much arguing…the score chalked up to be:
Laura – Zero, start typing.
God – One, but don’t worry I’ll help you.
And so, it is with much prayer and humility that I begin this series.
I know that not all of you are married yet. I know that some of you are divorced or widowed. I know that some of you are in difficult marriages. I know that some of you might disagree with part of what I share.
Please understand that I’m writing what God has put on my heart. I’m writing only from my experiences. I’m writing without any training or degree in this area. I’m writing based on what I’ve read in God’s Word. I’m writing as one dishpan-handed wife to another.
I’m writing because our marriages are sacred and holy. Our marriages deserve to be preserved, honored, rescued and treasured.
What better way to Make our Homes Heavenly than through our marriages!