If you want something that meets all the criteria for nourishing comfort food, this Simple Creamy Chicken Stew is what you’re looking for.
I love that the ingredients for this recipe can be quickly put in the crock pot in the morning. Of course, since we are home most of the day, the delicious smell of this cooking stew almost kill us. (Life is so hard.)
Probably one of my favorite aspects of this stew is the creaminess. The ranch dressing mix gives it wonderful flavor, and of course, the potatoes and carrots make this meal filling and nourishing. I love this stew! Whenever there are leftovers (rare, but hey, it does happen sometimes), I am so happy. Warming this up on the day after I’ve made it makes for such a happy lunch.
Simple Creamy Chicken Stew in the Crock Pot
- 1 pound boneless chicken breasts or thighs
- 4-5 small potatoes (I prefer red or gold)
- 1 pound carrots
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3 Tablespoons dry ranch dressing mix*
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Cut chicken, potatoes, and carrots into bite-sized pieces and stir together in a crock pot.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- In a bowl combine cream, sour cream, chicken broth, and ranch dressing mix.
- Pour mixture over the chicken and veggies.
- Cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 5-7 hours.
You’ve been trying all the new Simple Recipes, right?
- Simple Baked Salmon and Asparagus
- Simple Crock Pot Chicken Soup with a Kick
- Simple Skillet Taco Pasta
- Simple Sweet and Sour Baked Chicken Legs
- 20-Minute Taco Soup
- Simple Cheesy Baked Chicken
The official launch of our Simple Meals program is this Wednesday! It is amazing and promises to save you so much time, energy and money. We are so anxious for the big reveal!!