If only the peaches on our tree would ripen a few at a time so that we could enjoy this juicy candy for weeks at a time. But instead, they seem to be ready all at once. Therefore, over the past few days, our family could all be seen with peach juice running down our chins as we enjoyed the most tasty peaches of the year!
Matt brought in this big bowl full, plus two more boxes. See the little bite marks taken out of some of the peaches? Dear Squirrels, You are very naughty. You are not cute when you are eating our peaches. Go play in someone else’s yard and come back after we pick all of our peaches. Sincerely, Laura and the hungry crew
Over the weekend, we made two of our favorite peach recipes: Peach Syrup and Peach Crisp. We ate peach syrup on pancakes, then froze the rest for another treat another day. The peach crisps also went into the freezer for a quick dessert when we have company.
With the rest of our peaches, here are some fun recipes either on my site or that I’ve found while doing some peachy online searches:
- One of our favorite ways to eat frozen peaches is Strawberry Peach Slushies.
- Don’t forget Peach Fruit Leather! It’s so easy and fun.
- Here’s my tutorial on Canning Fresh Peaches.
- Fresh peaches on a Fruit Pizza? So good!
- Tammy’s Peach Mango Salsa looks incredible.
- Check out this very healthy Creamy Peach Smoothie recipe at NoDietsAllowed.
- I want to try this Peach Iced Tea recipe – only I’ll use sucanat or honey for sweetener.
- My kids would love these Fresh Peach Popsicles – again with sucanat or honey instead of white sugar.
Now your turn! What are your favorite peach recipes?